The NEDAP How-To page is intended to help New York groups think through issues they are facing in their communities, and provide resources and tools for action. Email us if you have a question to add, or would like to request technical assistance for your community group; you can also visit the NEDAP Training and Technical Assistance page for more information.
1. How do I find bank branch information for my neighborhood?
2. How can I tell who regulates the banks in my community?
3. Where can I go to see if a mortgage lender or broker is licensed, or file a complaint?
4. Where can I get information on the income and race of people in my neighborhood?
5. What is HMDA? What is CRA?
6. What is "federal preemption"? How does it affect communities?
7. Who are my elected representatives? What are they up to?
8. Does NEDAP make maps for everyone? How can I make my own maps?
9. Where does NEDAP get its data from? What are good research resources?